It’s one of life’s little ironies that even though most companies hire IT support to improve their communication and efficiency in the workplace, they struggle to communicate directly with the IT team.
Part of this because of the reputation many IT support companies have (of being staffed by tech-savvy, not-so-friendly staff members who look down on the average computer user), and also because the technology world has its own language. Unless you speak that language—or you have a translator handy—you might find it difficult to express your needs and to understand what is being asked of you in return.
Fortunately, Nexus IT specializes in not just supporting businesses from a technology perspective—we also strive to become partners you can count on. Because we want to help you grow your business and realize your full potential, we’ve made communication a top priority. Here are a few tips we offer for making the most of your relationship with our team.
- Know what you want. You don’t have to know the IT world to know what your professional objectives are. Maybe you want your team to be able to access their workstations from their home computer, tablet or laptop. Perhaps you need to make sure your IT systems meet regulations in terms of security. You might even just need a new website but aren’t sure how to start. Let us know your base goals, and we can build from there.
- Be specific if you have specific ideas. If you have a vision for your website or your IT infrastructure, be sure and let us know what it is. Nexus is here to collaborate with you as much as possible, but we can’t do that unless you open up about your specific ideas.
- Don’t be afraid of email. IT professionals spend more time on their computers than on the phone, and it’s often easier for us to respond via email than to go over something on the phone. This can feel less personal, but it can also be a lot more efficient in the long run.
- Ask us to slow down and explain things if you need it. Because our team is so steeped in technology day in and day out, we sometimes forget that not everyone shares our passion. If there’s ever a concept, piece of hardware, or internet term you don’t understand, ask us to go over it. Your comfort and familiarity with our services is important to us.
- Allow Nexus IT serve you the best way we know how. Technology develops at a rapid pace, and it’s our job to keep up with it—and to make sure your company keeps up with it too. Sometimes, this means asking you to take advantage of new opportunities or to put your trust in a system we’ve created. Let us do our jobs and we’ll make sure you’re in an ideal position to keep doing yours.
Above all else, don’t be afraid to contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns. IT systems are sometimes intimidating, but your IT service provider shouldn’t be. We’re always happy to learn more about what we can do to serve you.
Published By : Earl Foote On: 10th October, 2014