One of the greatest things about outsourcing your technology needs Nexus IT is that we never take a one-size-fits-all approach. There’s no need to spend thousands of dollars a month on IT service you don’t need. You don’t have to completely overhaul your system if there are simple upgrades that will do the same job. And IT support can grow with you—you can always expand as your business continues to develop.
Of course, knowing that managed services and IT support is affordable doesn’t mean you know where you can start seeing the most bang for your buck. Here are a few questions to ask yourself to determine which IT systems and services you might be ready to outsource.
- Does your team get slowed down with wait times or slow access to shared files? If your team recently experienced an uptick in growth, or if more of them started working remotely or accessing your infrastructure from their mobile devices, you may find it more cost effective to outsource IT monitoring and maintenance.
- Do you pay an in-house IT employee for network support and security? Few small- and medium-sized businesses actually need a full-time IT professional. To avoid payroll taxes and health care costs, you can often outsource their job and see immediate savings.
- Are you asking a non-IT employee to develop your web presence? Just about everyone has a little technical know-how these days, and you might be relying on someone from another department to do things like upgrade your website and fix things when something goes wrong. Hire an IT company to leverage the skills you hired that person for and let them get back to what they do best.
- Do you worry about IT security and maintenance? Because you usually can’t “see” the problems with an IT system, you might be spending time and resources worrying about issues that aren’t there. (Or you might have huge issues you aren’t aware of.) Take the guesswork out of your IT system maintenance with a low monthly plan that ensures regular monitoring and maintenance.
- How often do you use emergency IT support? It’s important to look at how often you need helpdesk services and find an IT provider that can tailor a plan specifically for you. Having a troubleshooting resource is smart, but only if you can adjust the size/price to fit your business.
- What are your plans for the future? Technology has a way of changing faster than the average business infrastructure, which means keeping up with the latest thing is a full-time job in and of itself. If you want to keep operating at the top of your game, it could be worthwhile to have someone else looking to the future for you—and to help you create the kind of infrastructure that can adapt with the times.
From simple tasks like backing up your data and storing it offsite to more intensive technology services like moving your entire network into the cloud, outsourcing your IT needs is a great way to improve efficiency and save money.
Published By : Earl Foote On: 9th October, 2014